IN STUDIO/ONLINE HYBRID SCHEDULE FOR AUGUST 3rd THROUGH 28th
MONDAYS with Ms. Jennifer
4:30-5:30 pm Intermediate Ballet (Lower School III/IV); ages 9 to 14
6-7 pm Advanced Ballet (Middle School/Upper School); ages 12 to 18
TUESDAYS with Ms. Deanna
4:30-5:30 pm Adv. Beginner to Low Int. Ballet (LS II/III); ages 7 to 12
6-7 pm Intermediate to Advanced Jazz (Jazz II/III); ages 12 to 18
WEDNESDAYS with Ms. Katie
4:30-5:30 pm Intermediate to Advanced Tap (Tap III/IV); ages 10 to 18
6-7 pm Intermediate to Adv. Theater Dance (TD II/III); ages 12 to 18
THURSDAYS with Ms. Miriam
6-7 pm Advanced Ballet (Middle School/Upper School); ages 12 to 18
FRIDAYS with Ms. Claire
6-7 pm Intermediate to Adv. Modern (Modern II/III); ages 12 to 18
SUMMARY OF COVID-19 PROCEDURES
FOR BALLET ARTS STUDIO
We will have a maximum of fourteen dancers in the upstairs studio, and eight dancers in the downstairs studio, during any one class. This will allow for eight feet of space between each dancer at the barre, and eight feet of space around each dancer, in all directions, in center.
Our COVID-19 Reopening Safety Plan, based on protocols developed by the New York State Department of Health, is available at the studio. The key features of our Safety Plan are outlined below.
The procedures for entry, check in and exit below will seem daunting at first, but with everyone’s cooperation, they will quickly become part of our new routine at the studio.
1. ALL dancers must bring and wear a mask at all times when inside the building. If a dancer’s mask breaks or becomes unusable, we will have masks for dancers. If a dancer is unwilling to keep a mask on while in the Studio, that dancer’s caretaker will be notified, and that dancer will need to leave the building.
2. Each dancer will bring a dance bag for personal items, including dance shoes and water (straw style bottle--so the straw can slip under the mask--strongly preferred). Every dancer MUST bring a cell phone or a phone number for the adult who has transported them to the Studio that day. No food will be permitted in the building under any circumstances.
3. The Studio MUST have a signed COVID-19 waiver either emailed to us, or hand-delivered by the dancer when the dancer enters the Studio. Please CLICK HERE for the waiver form. There will be no exceptions to this requirement. Thank you.
4. Each dancer must wear their dance clothes under their street clothes. Dancers will NOT be permitted to use bathrooms or dressing rooms to change their clothes. Dancers will bring everything with them into the Studio.
5. Parents should park on Henry Street (not in front of the Studio) at least five to ten minutes before the class begins and allow dancers to walk to the front entrance of the building. Caretakers must not pull up in front of the studio to drop off or pick up their dancer.
6. Ms. Mary will meet your dancer at the top of the entry stairs. All other students arriving for class should wait to enter the building at the bottom of the stairs and maintain physical distancing of six feet on the sidewalk. Ms. Mary will then: assess the dancer’s health with a series of questions; check temperature with a no-contact thermometer; sanitize hands; have the dancer sign in to the visitor’s log (name, date and time); make sure contact with the adult who brought the dancer to class is made; and let the dancer go into the upstairs studio with their dance bag. The doors into the building and the studio will be open, or opened by Ms. Mary, and will not need to be touched by dancers.
7. If your dancer has not been cleared for class, they will need to return to your car. NO caretakers will be allowed inside the building at any time.
8. The teacher will direct the dancer to a marked place at the barre (regardless of dance discipline), where the dancer can get ready for class and leave their street clothes and dance bag. Shoes will be left near the entrance door to the Studio. As noted above, these barre places are eight feet apart, as are the markings on the floor for center work.
9. Dancers will wear dance footwear for ALL classes, including modern. Ballet slippers, pointe shoes, jazz shoes, and, of course, tap shoes for tap classes, are all acceptable. Socks are strongly discouraged.
10. We have window fans in windows, pulling the air out of the studio.
We will not have air conditioning. Windows and doors will be open
11. To the extent possible, please have dancers use bathrooms at home before coming to class. If dancers need to use the bathroom, they will be allowed downstairs one at a time and must re-sanitize their hands before returning to class.
12. The studio waiting rooms, dressing rooms, and other common areas are closed, and currently, only the upstairs studio will be used for classes.
13. When class is over, dancers will put their street clothes on over their dance clothes and exit the studio one at a time, directed by the teacher, then sign out of the visitor’s log (name, date and time) and leave.
14. The barres and floor, and all regularly touched surfaces, will be appropriately wiped down before and after every class, and a cleaning log will be maintained and available to view at the studio.
TAKING ONLINE CLASSES
Despite the impact of COVID-19, Ballet Arts Studio will continue to provide an experienced faculty and thoughtful curriculum online, specifically meeting the needs of our youngest dancers. Since consistent mask-wearing, and physical distancing is more challenging for younger dancers, all our classes for dancers ages 3 to 6 will--for the time being--be online. The classes have been redesigned to optimize the use of smaller spaces, and our knowledgeable faculty, while still actively correcting students during the online classes, will also be guiding dancers in developing the very useful and beneficial skill of self-correction. Additionally, online dance classes provide structure during a very unstructured time, normalcy in a positive and familiar context, and physical activity.
FIRST, if you are not registered at Ballet Arts Studio, you will need to fill out our registration form for summer. Please CLICK HERE for the Summer Registration Form. Please let us know what class(es) your dancer plans to take. We also need the form emailed to us, with your signature and date. The signature can be "electronic", which means you can just type your name into the signature line, signifying that you are are signing the waiver and the form. Thank you.
MAKING PAYMENT VIA PAYPAL
Each class costs $15, and can only be paid through PayPal. CLICK HERE to use PayPal. PayPal can also be accessed from the homepage sidebar on our website. Please note that you do NOT have to have a PayPal account to use PayPal. Pay Pal allows you to be a guest, and pay with a credit or debit card. Usually, you will see a box that says "Pay with a debit or credit card" or something similar. Also, please note that our PayPal account may default to $0, but you can change that amount before making payment, if you would like to pay for more than one class at a time. Please do not use promotions or coupons in PayPal. Thank you.
Please note that if we need to refund money to you, that refund will come via a studio check, and not via PayPal. Thank you!
Also, please access PayPal with a username that we will recognize, so that we can credit your payments. If we will not easily be able to connect your PayPal username with your dancer’s name as it comes up on the Zoom screen, it is important that you send us an email letting us know who you are, what your username is, and who your dancer is! Thank you.
INSTRUCTIONS TO DOWNLOAD ZOOM
Smartphone or Tablet: Go to App Store and search for "Zoom Cloud Meetings". Click "Get" to install App.
Computer or Laptop: Visit www.zoom.us. You will find a link to sign up on upper right corner of the screen. Click it and follow steps to install the software.
Once you have Zoom, and when you are in the class, please mute your microphone in the settings! This will help everyone taking the class to better focus on the teacher. (Settings for a smartphone or tablet are on the lower right corner of the screen, and settings for computers or laptops are on the upper right corner of screen.)
We will send out an email with a link to join the class on the day that class is happening. That link will include a password, which you must use to join the class. Be sure to allow 5-10 minutes before the class begins to get signed in and join the "meeting", which is the class.
It is important to make certain that either your dancer's first or last name is coming up on the Zoom screen once they have signed into their class, so that we can take attendance.
Please click on the “Studio Policies" button above for information concerning the dress and behavior code for Ballet Arts Studio. Although we have relaxed these rules for our online classes, they are an excellent guide for what is normally expected of dancers in class.
Let’s all keep dancing together during these difficult times!